Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chocolate Pretzels: A quick Christmas treat

This is something I found last year, I can't remember if it was on Pintrest or Blogger (before Pintrest), but I made them and they ended up being a hit, so I decided to make more this year.

Both last year and this year, I made them while I was baking cookies. This way, I did not have to re-heat the oven. When my last batch of cookies was done, I turned off the oven and slid these in for a few minutes.

I got my pretzels and kisses at the Bulk Barn, a lot of the pretzels were broken, but I managed to get enough for about 40 bites. All you have to do is lay the pretzels out on a pan, then unwrap and put a Kiss (or Hug) on top of each one.


Make sure you have enough pretzels to cover each one (I forgot and when I counted, I had just enough), and then stick them in the oven for a few minutes until the kisses are shiny and starting to melt.Pull them from the oven and quickly stick another pretzel on top (or I have seen some people use a nut, M&M or Smartie instead).


I stuck them in the freezer for a few minutes to quickly set them, but you can either refrigerate or just let them sit on the counter for awhile, as well.

Do not use the microwave for these! I tried last year and they melted unevenly resulting in hard centres so the top pretzel would not squish on.

There you have it, a quick and easy treat that you can whip up when unexpected guests are knocking at your door!

Enjoy!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment