Friday, June 13, 2014

Rhubarb Crisp

Tuesday, I wrote about the Produce Pack we started receiving through a local fruit & veggie 'stand'. One of the goodies I received was 2 Lb of rhubarb; I'v never cooked with it before, so after cruising the realms of the internet, I came up with THIS recipe.


I used a bit more rhubarb than what the recipe called for. By the time I had measured out 4 cups, I only had a stalk and a half left, so I just chopped them into it.


Rhubarb prepped and in the pan, sugar, flour and cinnamon added.


Adding the topping. I cut back on both the brown and white sugars. The recipe calls for 1 cup of each, I only added 3/4.


Out of the oven, baked and smelling delicious! Even though I cut back on the sugars, I still found this recipe to be overly sweet I could not taste the bitterness of the rhubarb at all. I gave a bit to Salean and she loved it! Mr Picky wouldn't try it. To many memories of rhubarb in his teens. I think if I receive more rhubarb I might make it again, but cut back on the sugar even more and maybe add some strawberries.

It's Friday the 13th, I am not really superstitious, but I hope the day goes well! I have lots to do before a baby shower tomorrow!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment