I started out with a stack of cheap, kinda ugly baskets from the dollar store, 2 dollars each for this size. I have three sizes, these deep ones, some shallower squares and some mini baskets.
I wanted everything to match, but the purple camo fabric came from a store over an hour away, so instead I used this turquoise fabric that I had bought when I was considering another colour because I could not find the purple in my city.
I measured one side of the basket and multiplied that by four, then added a centimetre for the corners. I also put the fabric to the basket and decided how deep I wanted it to go. I cut about 3.5 inch strips from my fabric. I used a 12 inch ruler, so my cuts were a little crooked. Meh. I pinned the fabric to my baskets (above) and hauled out my trusty glue gun. Sewing machines hate me, so I cheated.
Basically from there it was just tuck and glue. And burned my fingers! I did the outside first, removing and replacing the clothespins as necessary, and then I did the inside. I made sure to have a line of glue up the corners as well, so they are not loose.
Ta-Da! These are the deep baskets, I have 5 of them. They will be for diapers and some quick change clothes.
The shallow square baskets, there are 4 of them. They will hold wipes and toys
And the mini ones, they will be for the dresser and will hold things like a hair brush, barrettes when she is older, and other small items. .
They are not on my shelf yet, because this is what the nursery looks like right now, or at least as of last weekend.
Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!