Saturday, May 23, 2015

Oven Fried Chicken.

I started a new board on Pintrest for recipes that I have made several times, because each time I want a recipe I have been searching through several boards wasting time and energy trying to find that recipe that we loved last time. This was one of the first recipes added to that board, it has been made 3 times. 

Mr. Picky loves chicken from a certain restaurant, one that serves it in greasy buckets, and one that isn't cheap. When I asked him what he wanted for dinner one night, he told me chicken, but that he wanted it from this restaurant. Well, that was a no money night, so we ended up staying home.  A day or two later, I was telling him about copy cat recipes, he asked me to find this one, and so I DID


It took me awhile to find the seasoning salt, and when I finally did it was with the help of a store employee/ floor walker who then tried to sell me on a store credit card and bank account. No thank you. Salean liked her, though, because she cooed over her red hair. We get a lot of that.


It is hard to see the spice mixture in the picture above, white flour doesn't exactly show up well in a white bowl. I always get enough to make four chicken breasts, two for him, half for Salean and one and a half for me. The pictures above were from a night we had thighs, I think it made six.

This recipe is sufficient for Mr Picky's craving for restaurant chicken, but I find it is not the same. I think it is actually better than the greasy bucket chicken, and tastes much less salty as well. Eventually he has to go out to get his 'fix', but for now this satisfies.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment