Friday, March 21, 2014

Peanut Butter & Banana Cake

Happy First Day of Spring! It is finally here! It has been a long, cold, snowy winter, but it is finally looking up! The last 2 days have been a bit warmer, but the first two days this week were bitter cold! We started to get cabin fever and I had to find a new activity, which will be posted next week!

This recipe came in a Spring What's Cooking magazine from a couple years ago, I made it for a potluck at work and it was a hit! Everyone wanted the recipe! I decided to make it again this week just for something different. To find the recipe on the Kraft webpage, check out this LINK.

Peanut Butter & Banana Cake:

2 eggs.
1/2 cup oil.
1/2 cup sugar.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about  three.
1+1/2 cup flour.
1 tsp baking powder.
1/2 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp salt.

Frosting:
1/3 cup peanut butter.
1 cup icing sugar.
1/4 cup milk.

Beat eggs, oil and sugars in mixer until smooth. Add bananas, mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, powder, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture, mixing well to combine. Pour into 9 inch prepared pan. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

To make frosting, mix all three ingredients in mixer until well combined. Spread over cake.


It is a great recipe for kids, just like the classic peanut butter and banana sandwich! Salean had just a tiny bit, but she loved it!


The cake turned out very moist, and it baked with no issues. It also just slid out of the pan, although I had sprayed it. I didn't have enough oil so I used Becel, because last time I accidentally used it and it turned out fine.



The frosting was easy and delicious! It suggested if you are short on time to just mix some peanut butter into store bought frosting, but honestly I think this way would be much easier and quicker. I don't think i used the full quarter cup of milk. I mixed the peanut butter and sugar in the mixer, then slowly added a bit of milk while it ran, until it was the proper consistency. I think it may have only taken a couple tablespoons, so be careful if you do make this.



Delicious and maybe just a little bit nutritious. I will definitely be making this one again and again!

Happy Spring, everyone! Hope the weather is treating you nicely!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment