Friday, April 11, 2014

Jelly Bean Jars

Between the two of us, we have 5 nephews ranging from age nine to age one, and one more on the way in June. I decided the boys needed something different this Easter as a gift from their only girl cousin...my little Miss. I saw this on Pintrest months ago, I didn't pin it because at the time, it didn't seem like something I would use. But, when I saw the big bags of jelly beans at the dollar store last week, I decided to go for it. Especially since I have lots of mason jars laying around.
 
This isn't just a jar of jellies, this is a jar with a secret! In the centre is a hidden envelope containing a toy car, some chocolates and a package of stickers.


 
My ingredient list. I used 4 bags of jelly beans for one tall and two short jars.
 
 
I made sure the paper fit in the jar height-wise, then wrapped the cars and stickers in it. I taped it up as small as I could get it.
 

 
A sprinkle of jelly beans into each jar, to hide the bottom of the packages.
 
 
 
After pouring jelly beans to cover the surprises, I shook the jar and used a chopstick to 'push' the candies and toys to be hidden in the jelly beans.
  
 

Two jars ready for covers! I put a name sticker on the cover of each as the toys inside were bought to be age appropriate.  
 

 The original pin just showed a toilet paper tube stuck in the jar and money hidden in the centre. So if you received it as a gift and threw it on the shelf, you'd be out that money. What a surprising gift it would be!
 
So, I hope the boys like their gifts of jelly beans and a surprise. And although it is early, hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
 
~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment